There is a common misconception that you can’t indulge in any chocolate treats while trying to eat healthily, but you CAN indulge and these healthy snickers bites that you can make in a Blendtec is proof! I love Snickers, formerly Marathon bars in the UK but they are packed with additives and all kinds of ingredients that aren’t good for us.
Instead, this homemade version of healthy Snickers is delicious and best of all, YOU get to control the ingredients and know exactly what is going into your body. This decadent dessert is totally guilt free and very easy to make. They can be kept in the freezer for a “rainy day”, and can be made regular size, or mini size for when you fancy just a small treat. Enjoy!
2 cups dark chocolate chips
12 dates, soaked for 30 minutes (up to overnight)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp water
1/3 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- Add chocolate to a heatproof glass bowl.
- Fill saucepan with 2” of water; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Rest bowl over pan and cook until chocolate has melted. Set aside.
- Add dates and peanut butter to Twister jar, blend on a Medium speed for 1-3 minutes until smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency.
- Fill a muffin liner (silicone works best) with 1 tbsp melted dark chocolate.
- Top with 1 tsp caramel filling.
- Sprinkle with about 1 ½ tsp chopped peanuts.
- Cover with 1 ½ tbsp melted dark chocolate.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm and remove from liner. Store in refrigerator.